Government of Jamaica
Houses of Parliament Design Competition
Vote for People's Choice Award
Please be guided by the following:
- Vote(s) may be submitted by individuals by going to ourjaparliament.com/vote/ or by texting the individual vote codes to (876) 399-4774.
- Online voting limit one (1) vote per person, per day.
- Text limit five (5) votes per person for the voting period.
- The use of script, macro or any other automated system to vote is prohibited and all such votes will be void.
- Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, but not limited to, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, or engaging in any other activity that artificially inflates the finalists’ votes.
- Votes cast or received in violation of these Official Rules will be disregarded and disqualified.
- The People’s Choice Award will be granted to the submission that has received the most public vote for their favourite proposal, which concept inspires the public the most and which they would like to see in the Park and Heroes Circle subsequently. This award will not contribute to the Juror’s final decision (Competition Terms and Conditions, item 1.11.3: People’s Choice Award).
- The visible vote count will be removed at or before February 14, 2019 and the winner of the People’s Choice Award will be announced at the Competition Awards Event. The date for same is to be announced.
- By participating, voters agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Design Competition Secretariat.
- The Secretariat reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this promotion as solely determined by the Secretariat.
- In the event the website is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Secretariat that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation, the Secretariat reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the promotion.
- The Secretariat will not be responsible for failure to receive votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or the Secretariat.
- In the event of a dispute, all votes will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP and/ or email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP and/ or email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP and/ or email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP and/ or email addresses for the domain associated with such account.
- Any questions regarding the number of votes submitted by the owner of an account shall be determined by the Secretariat in its sole discretion.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
Vote code - HOP1 Ubuntu by Damion Edmond
Company: Form Architects Ltd.
Team: Orvin Brown, Omar Lewis, Orlando Bramwell and
Vote code - HOP2 Out of Many, One People by Evan Williams
Company: Design Collaborative Architects & Town Planners
Team: Christopher Bent, Damian Hines & Gregory Lake
Vote code - HOP3 The Grand Verandah by Ravi Sittol
Company:Atelier-Vidal Ltd./ Adjaye Associates Ltd.
Team: Vidal Dowding & David Adjaye
Vote code - HOP4 National Flower Lignum Vitae by Stephen Facey
Team: Hugh Dutton, Laura Facey Cooper, Jenna Blackwood & Patricia Green
Vote code - HOP5 National Veranda by Guenet Anderson
Company: GSA-Architects & Planners Ltd.
Team: Dwhyte Batson, Emerson C. Hamilton, Emmanuel A. Mdingi, Adam Bridge and Lee Edgecombe
Visit the National Gallery of Jamaica at 12 Ocean Boulevard, downtown Kingston to view the exhibits.
Daily opening at 10:00 am
*Closed on Mondays and Sundays. Free Entry on Saturdays, February 2, 9, 16, 23 and Sunday 24th